Followers

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'm in Luv with another man....He's on Squiggle Fly!

He's Fat and Jolly, has twinkling blue eyes, a full enough beard to keep him warm during the winter and  has ice crystals in his fur-trimmed cap and beard to make him sparkle....oh I'm sure that my secrets out, It's St. Nick himself! 

I absolutely love Christmas time and when Squiggle Fly asked for entries in their challenge using traditional colors of Red and Green, I knew I had to use Kris Kringle by Marla Shega.  It's the most awesome digital I've ever seen of him!  My version of the colors is more of a Vintage treatment, using Loden greens and cranberry reds.  I added a vintage green-brown matting circle, sheer gold glittered ribbon, and 2 matted cardstock accent tags.  The inside is finished with a neutral liner along with an oval cut Christmas sentiment.
As I near the end of my Christmas card making, I am so glad that I had to opportunity to use Kris one more time and share the Magic of Christmas with all of you.  May the Wonder of the season be in all your hearts, now and always.  Carolyn

7 comments:

  1. Isn't Kris just the most special digi you have? I agree wholeheartedly! BTW where did you get this bg paper! I love it to pieces! Beautiful work Carolyn! See you in 2013 on the Squigglefly Design Team!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it GF! Daisey L is where I got it-doesn't that make you want to come down for a visit! Can't wait until the New Year!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done Carolyn! I love how you've colored him and you picked such pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly-isn't he a dreamboat!! I am a paperholic-I just love this vintage paper too! Can't wait for January!!

      Delete
  3. This is so gorgeous!!!! What an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn,
    Your card is most gorgeous and elegant1 The DP is lovely and your coloring is perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful image Carolyn, such a perfect card! Seasons greetings to you and yours, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete