Followers

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Squigglefly-Talk to Me Challenge- Oh What a mistake I made!!

Ok, I know this card is a bit weird for me....surely someone out there has experienced this before...I was determined to make the best of it...here's my story on how I was making a card for the Squigglefly's latest challenge- Talk To Me, and what happened. You have to use a sentiment on your card, whether it comes with the image, or an embellishment has a verse on it, or you make it up on your computer...Talk To Us!
Sooo...I'm coloring up my Image with my fav copics to use this week called Seriously Sally by Cheryl Alger, she's one of the contributing artists at Squigglefly.  I had the face roughed in and went back to shade the shadows when I noticed that...I HAD PICKED UP THE WRONG COLOR and now Sally had dirt smudges all over her.  When I realized my mistake, I was mortified!  Well what to do-make lemonade out of lemons!  I thought of that Peanuts character called Pigpen with the dirt devils all over the place and on the character.  So, that's what this is supposed to look like.  I tried a technique that I had seen where you wet your paper and then sprinkle coffee where you want it and watch it dissolve.  I think it looks kind-of like clouds of dust?  
So then I thought that maybe Sally didn't want to stop playing ball?...or tag?...and so "Seriously?" I have to Go Back to School?  Oh the stories that she could tell!  Well I hope you like my little story and that if anything happens to you like this-Don't despair. make lemonade!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! How creative! (been there... ) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy!! I always do the faces last so didn't want to ruin all the other coloring that I'd done! Glad you liked it!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  2. great work and fun story behind the card. Thanks for joining in this week's challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think it is definitely a case of a "happy accident". It turned out wonderfully! And, yes I have had that happen to me before! I don't think my mistake had such a fabulous outcome though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Thanks Holly! I always do the faces last so didn't want to waste all my hard work! It definitely was gut-wrenching!

      Delete