Followers

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Morning Glories blooming at Doodle Pantry And So Long to another Great Group of Gals!

 This week at Doodle Pantry is called Flashback Tuesday-I fell in love with this set called Morning Glory Color and decided to use the sets' elements for a sympathy card.  Laurie's sets come with digital papers, sentiments, and accents.  The flashback is that this set now comes colored as well as the old b&w.  My "thing" is to do paper piecing and this set is so easy to do that way!  I printed each set of flowers and then, with foam dots, cut & pieced individual portions in different directions.  I love the way it looks!  I used one of the solid "papers" that are included as a mat to accent the flowers better.  You could even dot the petals with a little bit of diamond glaze so that it looked like dew drops!  I didn't really have the right colored purple ribbon so I used pink set against the blue=a pinkish purple...on the inside I had this very thoughtful sentiment that I like to use on this type of card.  I think it will express my feelings exactly-Doodle Pantry comes through again!
**********************************
And it is a sad time as one more of my DT's is going on hiatus.  Laurie extended the 3 month summer DT I was on for several additional months and I'm grateful for that opportunity.  But, as she is wanting a break from the launches etc., she will take some much needed time for herself and her family.  The Sr. Design Team will stay on with her but hopefully in 6 months or so (fingers crossed), she will once again start building up her team again and I hope I will be one that she'll consider again.  I've loved all the wonderful sets that I've received and used and will continue to use on my cards.  She does beautiful work and was a super person to work with.  It will definitely be a site/shop that I keep on following as the shop will stay open-you never know when you'll see a new release posted!  So I wish her well, hope her creative juices will be restored and that she finds the peace she so deserves.  Thanks Laurie-Luv ya Bunches!

Entering this into the Following Challenges:




3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. I can tell all the love and work that went into this wonderful presentation. So much depth and interest. Someone is going to be thrilled to receive this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Carolyn, this is really pretty! I love how you arranged the flowers.

    ReplyDelete